CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Winter Beach

This is a little test blogging. So I can see if I have a handle on all this.....Okay here we go.

I recently visited a friend who lives in Stamford Connecticut. Her house is about two blocks from the shore and I spent a really great couple of hours on that rocky beach.


There is something very special about a beach or shoreline in the winter. I feel a sense of peace that doesn't seem available in the frolic and excitement of the summer beach.


I will also admit that I'm a hard core beach treasure hunter. Rocks, shells, bits of metal, nothing is safe from my magpie nature. So the winter beach, with its lonely shoreline, offers up a lot more treasure.


As the sun set I headed home with heavy pockets, a camera full of memories, and a sense of calm that only a walk, surrounded by nature at her most beautiful, can give me.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Lora Hart said...

Love!!! Love the vector pictures, love the first post, love the pictures! Good for you. The only critique I have is to put Culver City, California in your About Me statement. You'll get visitors from all over the world who have no idea what a culver is. Or just say Los Angeles. Most folks know that one. ;-)

So surprised you didn't want to spend an entire day looking for templates. But the one you created is fab!

Chocolate and Steel said...

What a great first post! Love all of the pictures especially the one of the golden leaves. So pretty. You're right. The rocky winter beach is much different than california's summer beach. There are no volleyballs, for one.

Your blog looks great and I really like the banner too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Christine and Lora for looking at my blog and giving feedback.

Lora, I did get the template from pyzam and sadly it did take forever to find one that went with my banner. Next time I will find a template and then design the banner. Ha ha!

Thanks again you guys. I really appreciate your input.

Paige said...

Christine by the way, how did you find me? Did blogger tell you I was here when I added you to my blog list? Wild. I'm glad you like the banner and photos, and that's my favorite photo also. I'm still in my test phase so I love the input, I hope to go officially live April 2nd. I figure going live April 1 sends the wrong message.