CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Maker of Things

Hello my name is Paige and I'm a Maker of Things. In 1996, while a grad student, I made a New Year's resolution that I would become a maker of things. I had always been handy. I could find things in the trash, or at garage sales, haul them home and fix them up. But to be "A Maker of Things" was different. It meant creating not just fixing. It made making things a priority. And that has made all the difference. I made my bed that year. The same bed I sleep in to this day.


I like to hope I'm becoming more of a craftsperson than just a maker, but that's a journey that can take a life time. And I would like to share that journey. I hope this blog will help me attain higher and higher standards of craftsmanship, in all that I make. I also hope it will help me create and stick to my deadlines. If I share my deadlines with the virtual universe I hope it will make me feel far more accountable to those deadlines. A least that's the hope.


I would love to hear from you about anything I post. I have been a lurker out there in bloglandia for the last year or two. Reading all I can about how and what you are creating. It's about time I gave back and shared also. Thank you to all the current and future bloggers who share what they do with such generosity. I hope I can be like you when I grow up, if I ever grow up. Thank you for reading, Paige

0 comments: