CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Marie's Shoes

I knew that making shoes was going to be hard. Let me rephrase that, I thought, I knew making shoes was going to be hard. But really I had no clue how difficult this project was going to be. But in the end it was so rewarding. They turned out just as I envisioned them.
I love construction and engineering and it's a good thing because this project was all about construction and engineering. I wanted every part of this shoe to be special. So I tried to add as many one of a kind details as I could pack into these small shoes. The exterior texture has the feel of a vintage textile, which is exactly what I wanted. I love it. I also gave the sole of the shoes a cute little bird detail. Is it possible to have to many details in a Marie Antoinette shoe? I didn't think so.
And I'm in love with the heels. They were difficult to get right, but I'm glad I redesigned them a couple times and never compromised, because I really love the way they turned out.
The decorative trim is a ribbon flower I found in a fantastic embroidery book, an amethyst and opalized Swarovski crystal, and an amethyst briolette. I'm also designing a little Fleur de lis dangle that I'm really excited about.

I'm so happy with how these little shoes turned out. And if the crown and necklace turn out half as good as these little beauties, this Marie Antoinette set is going to exceed my wildest exceptions.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paige they came out just amazing, i love the shape of the shoe and all the details on it, and those embellishments, so very pretty.
really well done and i can't wait to see what the crown and necklace will turn out like!
~Annina

skulptress9 said...

Beautiful and amazing, I can't wait to see the crown and necklace!!!

Sandra said...

I am voiceless...
Amazing !

Unknown said...

Oh Paige! They are spectacular.the ribbon and beads are perfect and the heel, well the whole thing is stunning. Excellent work. I don't even have a doll and I want a pair just to look at!

Marsha Thomas said...

Paige, these are stunning. I'm gobsmacked!

monika viktoria said...

Great work paige... I can't imagine how tricky these would have been to make.. so many beautiful little details... I LOVE the birdy insoles... just such a perfect touch!!!!

Jayne said...

Oh Paige they are just divine. I adore the fabric style details.

Lora Hart said...

Please. please, please have Marsha shoot these and submit them to the Annual! Please!

Susan Dilger said...

Paige, these are divine! I agree with Lora - you must submit them to the annual and every other publication you can think of! Rio - Saul Bell contest, Ornament magazine, and belle Armoire come to mind. Bravo, girlie!

Anonymous said...

They are really stunning. The turned heel is an awesome touch. :)